As is known, both BlueHost and GoDaddy are well-known hosting companies which have been in this industry for a long period of time. Therefore, many webmasters are confused when choosing between them.
To be honest, unlike GoDaddy that focuses more on domain name registration, BlueHost pays more attention to hosting services. Starting business in 1996 and offering an unlimited Linux-based shared hosting solution, BlueHost is better than GoDaddy for the hosting features, loading speed, reliability, customer service and price.
Here, we have made a comparison between the two web hosts. Note that we’d like to compares the web hosting firstly – BlueHost Starter plan and Plus plan with the GoDaddy Economy plan. Then, we make an equal in-depth comparison of the VPS hosting.
Shared Web Hosting Comparison
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Ranking
In general, BlueHost has been rated better than GoDaddy in terms of features, performance and price. Even, the public specification of the BlueHost Plus plan matches with the GoDaddy Deluxe hosting plan, although the BlueHost plan is about 40% cheaper.
|Read Review||BlueHost Review||Not Recommended|
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Popularity and Customer Satisfaction
Actually the shared hosting customers of BlueHost is more than GoDaddy although BlueHost is 10x smaller than GoDaddy in size. Based on the customer reviews since 2006, we have received 250 BlueHost customer reviews – 99.6% are satisfied with the overall shared hosting service, 99.4% are satisfied with the shared hosting loading speed & reliability, 98.2% are satisfied with the shared hosting control panel, and 97.5% of the BlueHost users are satisfied with the technical support. The BlueHost customer satisfaction rate is much better than GoDaddy (76%).
Besides the recommendation from our editors and the BlueHost customers, BlueHost has been awarded as the best WordPress hosting by the official site WordPress.org since 2006 and as the best Drupal Hosting by the official site Drupal.org since 2009.
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Feature
BlueHost is one of a few web hosts which supports almost all the latest cutting-edge technologies based on Linux web hosting platform. Especially the BlueHost Plus plan that includes free domain name, allows to park unlimited domain names and host unlimited websites, supports PHP 5.3.19, Ruby (3.2.2) on Rails (1.9.2), Python, Perl, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, SSH, etc, and provides 99.9% hosting uptime and ANYTIME refund guarantee.
Compared to BlueHost, GoDaddy offers customers a free domain name only for the annual hosting service. And more, it doesn’t support unlimited hosting and PostgreSQL, and only provides 30 days refund guarantee, which is not as considerate as BlueHost does.
|Ruby on Rails|
|Shell (SSH) Access|
|Refund Period||ANYTIME||ANYTIME||30 days|
|Discount||42% Off||60% Off||50% Off|
|How to Claim||Link Activation||Link Activation||Not Recommended|
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Speed
BlueHost is one of the fastest web hosting providers based on their world-class data centers ($20,000,000+ invested), yearly upgrading equipment, Internet bandwidth exceeding 60,000 MBits, and exclusive server resource protection technology. Even, it successfully made 2 investments which help it provides faster & more reliable hosting services than GoDaddy, including:
- invested largely to build up 3 world-class data centers in Provo Utah with 100% managed infrastructure & environment.
- invested over a million of USD to develop Hosting Resource Protection technology which allows BlueHost to guarantee server resources and protect normal customers from abusive usage.
GoDaddy, however, greatly lacks behind that of BlueHost in this respect. We had compared the loading speed of the same sites with the same scripts and content hosted with the 2 companies, and found the one on BlueHost is about 145% faster than GoDaddy, incluing the speed of database loading, page creation and rendering.
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Uptime
Moreover,as a professional shared web hosting provider, BlueHost technology is rock-solid. They invested over a million USD to develop the technology named CPU Segregation designed to offer the reliable and consistent shared web hosting service. With this innovative technology, compared with GoDaddy, BlueHost does
- guarantee server resources for each hosting account.
- protect from high resource consumption users > efficiently keep your hosting service independent and not affected by other users.
- provide CPU usage monitoring technology for each account.
- allow users to have a overall understanding about their real-time CPU, memory and I/O usage.
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Customer Service
In regards to customer service, BlueHost largely surpasses GoDaddy through providing the very responsive customer service for personal and small businesses by leveraging the 17+ years’ industry experience, rock-solid department, and 1,000+ experienced staffs.
And more, BlueHost guarantees with the holding times that average less than 30 seconds, it’s assured that the customers are helped with the support staff who knows how to help. So choosing BlueHost, the customer service is worry-free.
|EST Response Time||<= 30 seconds||<= 30 seconds||<= 5 minutes|
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Pricing
BlueHost prices its high-quality web hosting service from $3.49/mo for the readers going through this promotional link, which is about 25% cheaper than the GoDaddy Economy plan, and 40% cheaper than the Deluxe plan.
|Discount||42% Off||60% Off||50% Off|
Considered with the free domain name included in the BlueHost hosting plans, but GoDaddy charges customers who are not willing to purchase its annual service an extra fee of $12.95/mo additionally. In this way, the BlueHost is more attractive than GoDaddy.
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Conclusion
GoDaddy offers a rich set of Internet solutions for shared web hosting, but the BlueHost is obviously more professional than the GoDaddy’s. Considered with the cheaper pricing, faster speed and richer features, we recommend you picking up with BlueHost for the personal and small business web presence.
This is not only coming our editors’ subjective, but also the same conclusion from many other sites. You can read the BlueHost VS GoDaddy at BestHostingSearch.NET, BlueHost Or GoDaddy at WhatsWP.com, etc.
VPS Hosting Comparison
Having conducted an all-rounded shared service comparison above, we would like to compare the VPS hosting services offered by GoDaddy and BlueHost. To come out the precise answer, we have carried out an in-depth review of their VPS hosting based on price, features, hosting performance, and support, with a view to helping you make a right decision.
The Pros and Cons of BlueHost VPS
BlueHost full-managed VPS hosting service has been launched since 2013, featuring almost all the advanced VPS related technologies at an affordable price. Besides, in order to meet different individual requirements, BlueHost provides 4 VPS hosting packages named as Standard, Enhanced, Premium, and Ultimate, which charge customers differently according to the volume of server resources needed.
- Budget-friendly Rate – The regular price of BlueHost VPS hosting is starting at $29.99/mo, which is undoubtedly affordable for the majority of webmasters. But now, this company even provides a 50% discount which allows customers to purchase starting at $14.99/mo effectively by going through this exclusive promotional link.
- Tremendous Server Resources – BlueHost offers guaranteed server resources, coming with up to 8 GB of RAM, 240 GB of disk storage, and 4 TB of data transfer.
- Advanced Technologies – In order to offer a rich VPS environment, BlueHost includes the most advanced technologies in the VPS hosting packages, such as Cloud Technology, powerful cPanel control panel, full root access, CentOS 6.4 (64-bit), instant provisioning, and many more.
- Unmatched Hosting Performance – By leveraging the power of self-developed VPS servers, world-class data centers, and advanced speeding up technologies, BlueHost is able to guarantee a super-fast page loading speed and at least 99.9% uptime.
Due to the fact that BlueHost VPS hosting is a newly-launched hosting plan, it may needs further enhancement for the better service.
The Pros and Cons of GoDaddy VPS
GoDaddy is one of the greatest hosting companies, offering quality VPS hosting for people around the world. The VPS hosting includes 5 plans called Economy, Value, Deluxe, Premium, and Ultimate, coming with different levels of pricing and server resources. Therefore, customers can choose one plan that suits their budgets and needs best.
- Custom Choice – GoDaddy includes a variety of features in the VPS hosting packages, such as 1 GB to 8 GB of RAM, 40 GB to 240 GB of disk space, 1TB to 8TB of bandwidth, multiple control panel options (Parallels, Plesk Panel or cPanel), SSL certificate, and dedicated IPs, etc.
- Reliability – In order to keep a good uptime record, GoDaddy utilizes CentOS Version 6.4, which is the best operating system offering enterprise-level reliability. Besides, its cutting-edge data centres are integrated with full network redundancy and 24/7 monitoring system to make sure that servers work properly and uninterruptedly all the times.
- Multiple Support Channels – GoDaddy VPS technical support staffs are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are contactable via hotline, e-mail, and live chat.
GoDaddy sets the price of the VPS hosting starting from $29.99 each month for monthly billing circle. If customers want to get some discounts, they have to purchase the yearly billing circle > 10% off for 1 year and 20% off for 2 years. Besides, this company only offers 30 days full refund, without prorated anytime money back guarantee.
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Cost-Effectiveness
Without doubt, both BlueHost and GoDaddy are reliable VPS hosting providers, but according to our comparison, BlueHost VPS is more cost-effective than GoDaddy, coming with cheaper price and more features.
|Money Back||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||1 GB|
|Storage||30 GB||60 GB||40 GB|
|Bandwidth||1 TB||2 TB||1000 GB|
BlueHost VS GoDaddy > Performance
We have set up 2 WordPress powered websites with the same content, and get them hosted with BlueHost and GoDaddy. As tested with Pingdom for the past 30 days, the server response time of BlueHost is 320ms averagely, which is 145% faster than that of GoDaddy.
Summary – BlueHost VPS is Recommended
Based on price, features, and hosting performance, BlueHost is absolutely a better VPS option than GoDaddy. Besides, it guarantees 30 days full refund and anytime prorated refund, so you can have a sense of risk-free and worry-free. You can find the similar comparison at BestVPS.us also – a leading VPS hosting review site.